CSS Interview Questions and Questions

on 12:32 AM

List of CSS(Cascading Styles Sheets) Interview Questions you should prepare..
  • What is CSS?
  • What are Cascading Style Sheets?
  • How do I center block-elements with CSS1?
  • If background and color should always be set together, why do they exist as separate properties?
  • What is class?
  • What is grouping
  • What is external Style Sheet? How to link?
  • Is CSS case sensitive?
  • Three selectors: h1, .warning and #footer, what they do ?
  • What are Style Sheets?
  • What is CSS rule 'ruleset'?
  • 'Fixed' Background?
  • What is embedded style? How to link?
  • What is ID selector?
  • What is contextual selector?
  • How do I have a background image that isn't tiled?
  • What does \ABCD (and \ABCDE) mean?
  • Why do style sheets exist?
  • What are the advantages/disadvantages of the various style methods?
  • What is inline style? How to link?
  • What is imported Style Sheet? How to link?
  • What is a Style Sheet?
  • What is alternate Style Sheet? How to link?
  • How can you set a minimum width for IE?
  • Which browsers support CSS?
  • How do I place text over an image?
  • what CSS is, why not start coding??
  • Why does my content shift to the left on some pages (in FF)?
  • How do I combine multiple sheets into one?
  • What is attribute selector?
  • What is parent-child selector?
  • How can I specify background images?
  • How do I have a fixed (non-scrolling) background image?
  • What are inline, block, parent, children, replaced and floating elements?
  • Which set of definitions, HTML attributes or CSS properties, take precedence?
  • How do I eliminate the blue border around linked images?
  • why call the subtended angle a "pixel", instead of something else (e.g. "subangle")?
  • Why was the decision made to make padding apply outside of the width of a 'box', rather than inside, which would seem to make more sense?
  • How to use CSS to separate content and design ?
  • Can CSS be used with other than HTML documents?
  • Can Style Sheets and HTML stylistic elements be used in the same document?
  • What are pseudo-classes?
  • How do I design for backward compatibility using Style Sheets?
  • As a reader, how can I make my browser recognize my own style sheet?
  • How do I get rid of the gap under my image?
  • Why use Style Sheets?
  • What does the "Cascading" in "Cascading Style Sheets" mean?
  • What is CSS rule 'at-rule'?
  • What is selector?
  • What is CLASS selector?
  • What is CSS declaration?
  • What is 'important' declaration?
  • What is cascade?
  • Are Style Sheets case sensitive?
  • How do I have a non-tiling (non-repeating) background image?
  • CSS is clearly very useful for separating style from content ...
  • I always wanted to have "included" substyles or "aliases" in my CSS definition, to save redundancy ...
  • Styles not showing?
  • How do I quote font names in quoted values of the style attribute?
  • Why is my external stylesheet not working ?
  • What can be done with style sheets that can not be accomplished with regular HTML?
  • How do I make my div 100% height?
  • What is property?
  • How do I write my style sheet so that it gracefully cascades with user's personal sheet ?
  • What are pseudo-elements?
  • As a developer who works with CSS every day ...
  • How can I make a page look the same in e.g. NS and MSIE ?
  • Is there anything that CAN'T be replaced by Style Sheets?
  • Can I include comments in my Style Sheet?
  • What is the difference between ID and CLASS?
  • How to make text-links without underline?
  • How do you make a tooltip that appears on hover?
  • Which characters can CSS-names contain?
  • What is cascading order?
  • What browsers support style sheets? To what extent?
  • Why shouldn't I use fixed sized fonts ?
  • How do you make a whole div into a link?
  • How do I have links of different colours on the same page?
  • What is shorthand property?
  • How to use CSS building a standards based HTML template?
  • What is value?
  • What is initial value?
  • How frustrating is it to write a specification knowing that you're at the browser vendors' mercy?
  • How far can CSS be taken beyond the web page--that is, have generalized or non-web specific features for such things as page formatting or type setting?
  • How To Style Table Cells?
  • How To Style Forms?
  • How do I get my footer to sit at the bottom...?
  • Can I attach more than one declaration to a selector?
  • Border around a table?
  • How do you target a certain browser?
  • How does inheritance work?
  • What is the percentage value in 'font-size' relative to?
  • What is wrong with font-family: "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"?
  • How do I centre my page?
  • Must I quote property values?
  • Do any WYSIWYG editors support the creation of Style Sheets? Any text-based HTML editors?
  • Which style specification method should be used? Why?
  • Justified Text?
  • Why can @import be at the top only?
  • Colored Horizontal Rule?
  • Do URL's have quotes or not?
  • To what are partial URLs relative?
  • What's the difference between 'class' and 'id'?
  • I made a 10px-high div, but IE makes it 20px high...
  • How do I place two paragraphs next to each other?
  • Can you use someone else's Style Sheet without permission?
  • I want my page fonts to look the same everywhere as in...
  • When is auto different from 0 in margin properties?
  • How do I move the list bullet to the left/right?
  • How does a simple CSS style rule look ?
  • Why are there gaps above and below my form in IE?
  • If one were to set Text and Link colors using a style sheet, should one also define the background colors for these elements as well?
  • How do you override the underlining of hyperlinks?
  • How do you show which page you're on (in a menu)?
  • How can I specify two different sets of link colors?
  • How can I place multiple blocks next to each other?
  • Document Style Semantics and Specification Language (DSSSL)?
  • What is Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL)?
  • Which font names are available on all platforms ?
  • Why does Netscape lose my styles ?
  • Why is it my ':hover' declaration for links does not work ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment